Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their plans are with regards to buying alcohol for home consumption. It turns out many do their research to find the best deal online but most buy offline. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Our insights on buying alcohol for home consumption tells us that most people buy it along with their weekly shop in the supermarket. Although they do research deals online and will travel to other stores to bag a bargain.
Recommended reading: How the Cinema Experience May Change and What Parents Think
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer this quick question:
- Mix of above 6%
Comments from our panel members included:
“Tesco offers the best price and quality”
“I think there should be a limit on how much alcohol younger consumers can buy”
“It is much easier to pop in a few bottles of wine or beer when doing the weekly shop, but I would go to an off licence or specialist retailer if the drink I like wasn’t available”
“If I am having a larger gathering I will go to the off licence or a specialist retailer. I love the advice they give and that they offer a glass service”
“High delivery charges put me off buying online”
“I buy whatever (alcohol) is on offer when I am shopping”
Reflections for Alcohol Brands
- Consumers love offers, work with your local retailers to give those to your customers and be sure to advertise your offers online.
- The supermarkets have the edge over other retailers when it comes to buying alcohol for home consumption. Work with agents to get listed in the supermarkets you would like to stock your product.
- For online retailers, look at how you can entice people to come to you and what you can do on delivery charges to make your offering more affordable.
- People will go to a specialist retailer or off-licence for a specific drink that may be unavailable in the supermarket. Stock what consumers can’t get elsewhere alongside more traditional brands that you can offer discounts on.
- Train your staff well, consumers like to get advice from someone who knows what they are talking about and will often buy more than they intended to if they feel they are getting good advice and value for money.
- Consumers like extra services, such as glass hire or tastings.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.