Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about buying family cars. It turns out that only 7% of parents say free upgrades would influence their purchasing decision. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: [INFOGRAPHIC] Family Car Insights from Parents
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
Once you have decided on what family car to buy, which of the following offers would most likely influence your decision?
- A discount on the car itself (not finance) 40%
- A low monthly payment 28%
- A low APR finance offer 16%
- Free upgrades on the vehicle specification 7%
- None of these 5%
- A low up-front deposit offer 2%
- Other 2%
- Lifestyle offers like hotel vouchers, restaurant vouchers etc 0%
What make and model of family car do you have and if you like it, why do you like it?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Peugeot 5008 – It’s a 7 seater and while I only have 2 kids – bikes, scooters, other children are never a problem. Holidays are a breeze (at least they will be) so much stuff fits in. Car is great to drive, very reliable.”
“Renault Grand Scenic. I love it as it has 3 individual seats in the back so can fit 3 car seats. We have a huge boot with the added option to pop up 2 more seats. There are tray tables for the kids so for long drives they can eat snacks easily. It’s a great, comfortable drive, isn’t too big that I feel like I’m driving a bus and as we’re higher up off the road I feel we are safer in it. There are lots of great storage compartments and built in features like bluetooth for calls and music. We actually had an old 5 seat model and upgraded to the newer model when the time came as we loved the general model and versatility of the car so much.”
“Nissan Qashqai + 2. Love it! When kids were allowed have friends pre Covid there are 2 extra seats in the boot that pop up. Great space & very handy size boot for weekly shop.”
Reflections for Car Brands
- Parents say that a discount off the purchase price is the biggest influence on helping them to make a buying decision on a car. How do you let parents know about your discounts and offers?
- Parents also want low cost finance options, is this something you can offer them and how are you communicating that to them in order to attract them to your dealership?
- Space and safety are key considerations for parents when choosing a car. When advertising cars for sale be sure to highlight these features.
- Featurse like big boots to accommodate buggies and prams, tray tables for kids to use in the back, handy storage options, any features that re child- or family-friendly should be highlighted to parents.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.