Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about buying haircare. It turns out that familiarity with brand and price are the top buying drivers. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Shampoo
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
What is most important when it comes to choosing hair products for you and the family?
- It’s a brand I know 35%
- The price is reasonable for my budget 18%
- Easily available e.g. in supermarket 15%
- It’s on offer at the time I buy it 10%
- It’s vegan/cruelty free/ethical 10%
- Other 8%
- The packaging is sustainable/recyclable/refillable 5%
What hair product can you not live without? Any other thoughts on hair products?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Leave Shampoo, we could not live without it as we have allergies and its the only one that is suitable for my family. I buy it when it’s on sale which saves me a lot of money throughout the year.”
“Shampoo bars – I tried a few I wasn’t mad on but have found a few great ones, Three Hills is my favourite. It’s great having less plastic waste and even reduces the clutter in the bathroom.”
“I love Moroccan oil for my hair. I also rely heavily on detangling spray for my hair and especially for my daughter’s hair.”
“For my children I always have bought Johnsons Baby Shampoo as it is gentle on their skin and it is a well known brand that has been going for years. I also buy them Childs Farm products. For myself I use either Pantene/Tresseme or Elvive Shampoo, depends what is on offer when I shop to buy them which one I decide to buy.”
“I need my conditioner to combat the effects of my hair straightener.”
“Conditioner for me, my hair tangles easily and it helps so much!”
“I prefer ones that are made from natural products.”
Reflections for Haircare Brands
- There is a shift towards more eco friendly products. Is your brand doing enough in this area on either packaging, ingredients or both?
- Offers work, and consumers will shift between similar brands if they can bag a bargain.
- Conditioner and detangling products are a regular purchase for most parents to avoid the dreaded knots! Is your conditioner/detangling front of mind with the parent segment?
- Could you partner with other providers to give a bundle price to consumers i.e. a shampoo brand with a hair brush/comb?
- Are there any brand extensions you could create that would tie in with your existing products to enhance your market share?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.