Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their plans are with regards to changing energy providers. It turns out there’s still a perception of it being a hassle to change energy suppliers. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
The Irish energy market has changed considerably over the last 10 years with switching messages becoming the norm, and parents shopping around for best deals on their energy plans.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Streaming Services
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer this quick question:
- Always change at time of contract renewal 39%
- Rarely 27%
- Every 2 or 3 years 17%
- Never 17%
Comments from our panel members included:
“Switching providers can be a lot of hassle and time consuming.”
“Depends if I can get a good enough deal with the same provider at the end of my contract. I always compare deals near end of contract and decide then.”
“I usually change every year or so. It’s such a seamless transition to go to a new provider. I wish it was as easy to change broadband provider! That’s a nightmare!”
“I wish it was less hassle and shorter phone time to change.”
“Everyone should do it every year upon contract renewal. If you stay with your current provider you will be charged more than you should. Loyalty is never rewarded in this instance.”
“My husband won’t switch from Electric Ireland, mostly because they have been around a long time and we never had any problems with them.”
“It’s so much hassle closing one service down and opening another.”
Reflections for Energy Companies
- How seamless is your switching service? Are you making it as easy as you can for consumers to consider you?
- What content are you providing potential new customers at point of decision? When we ran our Insights project for SSE Airtricity, parents told us that being able to see what a typical household bill could be for them was important for helping them to decide.
- What added value options are you giving to families to attract that segment to you?
- Are you rewarding loyalty if customers stay with you? How is that message communicated?
- Consider contacting your customers proactively in advance of their contract expiring with a new offer to stay.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.