Bite-Sized Insights: Family Cars
Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about Family Cars. It turns out space is top of the list when picking a family car. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: [INFOGRAPHIC] Family Car Insights from Parents
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
Who makes the decision on buying a new family car?
- Joint decision 74%
- Myself 12%
- My partner 9%
- No car/don’t drive 5%
What do you look for when changing your family car?
Comments from our panel members included:
“A good quality reliable car with safety measures that also looks well!”
“Reliability, comfort and ISO fix in the back seat.”
“I look for top quality with a trusted brand but also value for money.”
“Four key things for me: Price, Design, Colour and Functionality.”
“We typically go for a 7-seater, has to be reliable, nearly new and with low mileage.”
“Number one factor is reliability but I also want a knowledgeable salesperson who does not “push” us to buy.”
“My top criteria are reliability, spacious, good warranty, colour, cost.”
“That 3 car seats will fit!”
“I look at reliability, quality, resale value, size, cost to run & insure, trade-in value of my own car.”
“Space in the back, size of boot. Leather interior for easy cleaning. Air conditioning.”
“Plenty of cabin and boot space, economical to run.”
“Road safe, has isofixes, reasonable priced and clean interior. Also we make sure we get the kids’ approval of the colour too!”
“We tend to be loyal to the same make but factors that matter include environmental and size, boot space and safety.”
“Comfort as you are in it a lot bringing them everywhere. Quality, value, and economy matter to me.”
Reflections for the Car Sector
- Buying a car is a joint decision, don’t just talk to one partner in your sales pitch or your marketing.
- When advertising cars for sale be sure to highlight features that matter to parents such as space and reliability.
- Reliability really matters to parents. Is there more you could offer your customers in terms of extended warranty or breakdown assist that will appeal to this segment?
- Whether it is a car for him or her, if the buyer has a family then added extras on safety and entertaining the kids will come into the buying decision as both parents will have children in their cars!
- Environmental, safety, space, economy all matter to buyers. Things like knowing whether a folded buggy will fit in the boot, does the car have extra features like built in booster seats or secret storage compartments. These things matter to parents so make sure your marketing and communications about family cars tells them about your family-friendly feature.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.