Bite-Sized Insights: Family Days Out
Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about family days out this year. It turns out that attractions being signed up to the COVID-19 Safety Charter ranks 4th on parents’ priority list. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Family Hotel Stays
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
For family days out this year, what is most important to you?
- Plenty of outdoor activities at the place we visit 20%
- Different food options e.g. picnic area, food truck, cafe etc 17%
- Tickets can be moved easily to other dates 17%
- Attraction has signed up to the COVID-19 Safety Charter 15%
- Online booking for visiting 11%
- Indoor activities are well spaced and managed 10%
- Activities have an educational element 6%
- Other 4%
Any other thoughts on family days out this year?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Cost and value are a main consideration and then something that appeals to /is safe /engaging for the three ages we have (6yrs down to 2yrs)”
“Flexibility will be important and that social distancing guidelines are adhered too.”
“It would be important that prices are kept competitive because people might support those places next year and further if they are competitive. If they start charge astronomical prices to try make up for lost time then I would not support.”
“Looking forward to being able to visit places again. Most important to me is that there is plenty of space for people to move around safely and that cleaning is ongoing.”
Reflections for Visitor Attractions
- Parents are looking for family activities to enjoy outdoors but are worried about the Irish weather! Is there anything you can do at your attraction to have covered outdoor spaces?
- Cost is a consideration for parents. It may adversely affect your business if you raise prices beyond what they were in previous years.
- Food options is the 2nd most important consideration for parents when choosing a family day out this year. What can you offer in terms of take-away options and what facilities are in place for those who bring their own, i.e. picnic benches, covered eating areas outdoors etc.?
- Parents want flexibility when it comes to tickets so that if things change, they know that you will accommodate them at a future date.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.