Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about Family Health. It turns out most families take vitamins. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Healthy Food and Nutrition
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
Does your family take Vitamin D supplements?
- Yes regularly 45%
- No 29%
- Yes sometimes 26%
Apart from healthy eating do you take any extra measures to maintain family health? i.e. health supplements, vitamins etc.
Comments from our panel members included:
“We take supplements depending on time of the year. Also regular exercise through clubs etc.”
“I try to make sure that they are involved in a variety of activities for their mental health and that they get out to exercise a few times a week.”
“Sometimes taking vitamins, especially before they go back to school, to give their immune system a little boost.”
“Usually buy supplements but find kids won’t take them. Try to keep them active and get fresh air.”
“Fresh air and exercise. A balanced diet. When budget allows I buy milk with vitamin D and organic fruit and veg.”
“Yes as we live close to the school, approx 4km, we have started walking to and from school as often as possible in conjunction with a healthy eating plan. The kids typically don’t like anything ‘green’ or colourful like vegetables (!), so we have started a little veg patch to encourage the kids to grow our own veg, and maintain the plot in the hope that it will encourage them to eat their own produce.”
“My children take multivitamins daily. We also take regular exercise.”
“We take Omega 3 and multivitamins. We also prioritise sleep and fresh air/exercise.”
“I plan family outings for physical exercise.”
“Vitamins for the kids and myself, plenty of fresh air.”
“Sambucol for our children. Cod liver oil for myself. Probiotic at times.”
Reflections for Family Health Brands
- Can you create content to share on your channels to help parents with ideas for exercise, sleep tips and advice?
- Ensure the benefits of your vitamins and health supplements really stand out on your packaging.
- As exercise and fresh air are top of the list for families, can you look to sponsor a local sports team or club or an event that involves fun exercise for families and/or children to raise your profile.
- Use research or carry out taste tests with your target market as parents tell us they can find it difficult to get children to take vitamins and supplements because they don’t taste good.
- Could you work with a design or animation company to make your products appeal to the family market? For example, creating a character and some short stories that include the character taking part in exercise, healthy eating and good sleeping! These could be shared on your social channels and for in-store promotion.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.