Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about booking family hotel stays. It turns out that 27% will come direct to their hotel of choice to try and get the best rate. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: [INFOGRAPHIC] Family Holidays Insights From Parents
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
When booking a family hotel stay do you:
- Mix of below 51%
- Look for the cheapest online booking option I can find 21%
- Research online then phone the hotel to see if they will match the price 17%
- Always book on the hotel website 10%
- Other (recommendations from other parents) 1%
- See offers online and then book through their link 0%
Any other thoughts on booking family hotel stays?
Comments from our panel members included:
“A pool and kids’ club are really important to me. Also flexible cancellation policy given the times we are in.”
“I look for deals which include food, a kids’ club, a pool and that the hotel has a good reputation.”
“I usually check reviews of hotel just to get an overall rating of it, especially family reviews. I like to pick hotels with pools.”
“Our sons are getting older so I’m looking at the option of interconnecting rooms rather than the 4 of us being on top of each other in 1 room.”
Reflections for Hotels
- Parents will research online for the best deals with many then contacting the hotel to book. Make it simple for parents to find your best family deals if they come to your website.
- Recommendations/reviews are key to parents making a choice of which hotel to book. Do you ask for reviews from your customers and include them on your website and social channels?
- On-site and local amenities are important to parents when visiting a hotel. Partnering with local activity providers to give parents deals on family tickets for activities offers them extra value for their family break.
- Do you offer flexible accommodation options for the family market? Many families have more than 2 children. Make inter-connecting and larger rooms visible on your booking page so parents can tell that you have those available at time of booking.
- Could you offer a voucher towards a follow up stay to encourage repeat business? Or perhaps you could offer a unique code to share with family and friends and for each booking you get from the code, they get a discount off their next stay up to an agreed maximum?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.