Bite-Sized Insights: Family Phone Service
Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about their family phone service. It turns out that only one third of these families have a landline service. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Helping Parents Navigate Teen Years and Teach Valuable Life Skills
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
For your family phone service:
- We only have mobile phones in our family and they are all with the same provider 44%
- Our household has landline and mobile service providers 33%
- We only have mobile phones in our family and they are all with different providers 23%
What would help you make a decision to switch phone provider?
Comments from our panel members included:
“I would love an unlimited yearly package for the kids.”
“It’s all about how easy it is to switch, and have it all in one package (mobile, phone , TV, broadband) and at a competitive price.”
“If we were guaranteed good internet speed or if we didn’t get it that we could change without penalty. And make switching easier, it is soooo difficult and I have had serious problems every time I have switched, it should be as easy as switching energy provider!”
“I am not interested in switching as my provider is excellent and has great plans.”
“We won’t switch! We joined Gomo when they started and the deal is too good to give up.”
“If I were to switch I would want help to transfer everything over, so I don’t have to do it and a good offer for all the services I want.”
“I’d be looking for cheaper rates and free minutes for international calls.”
“A family plan that was affordable.”
“Network availability is crucial, so unfortunately currently only one provider is available both at home and work for me.”
“I’d be looking for reliability, no price differentials between new and old customers, and special family offers for mobile phones & landline.”
Reflections for the Telco Sector
- Bundling packages that cover the whole family are attractive to parents, helping manage the service with only one bill.
- Many parents articulated that they want an easy switching service in order to consider moving provider.
- Make it as easy as possible for the whole family to switch to you, not just the adults, by offering to add on family members once their contracts are completed onto a whole family package.
- Children/teens tend to be using data rather than phone minutes, whereas it’s probably the other way round for Mums and Dads, so offering a variety of options within a family package to suit different members would be attractive.
- Back to School and birthdays are other seasonal phone buying times outside of Christmas, can you make offers available to parents for these times too?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.