Bite-Sized Insights: Going Back To The Shops
Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in understanding what they think of going back to the shops when they reopen. It turns out many parents are planning to go back even though they have some reservations. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else parents told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Shopping as we know it has changed enormously with the pandemic. Many people have shopped online where they would have gone to stores. With the shops due to reopen we were curious about parent’s thoughts on going back to the shops.
Recommended reading: Will Grocery Shopping Habits Really Change as a Result of COVID-19?
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer this quick question:
How do you feel about going back to the shops when they reopen?
- I have some reservations but I like shopping so will probably go 43%
- I plan to stick to online shopping for a bit longer 16%
- I’m fine with it, can’t wait as I’ve really missed shopping 15%
- Other 13%
- Really not comfortable at all with the idea of it so probably won’t go to the shops 11%
- I won’t be able to (e.g. medical reasons) 2%
Some additional comments from our panel members included:
“Nervous so won’t be “browsing” or “dawdling” whilst out shopping. Will go to shops as I need something and limit my interactions. Will go out to shops as need to support local and businesses post covid.”
“I have found there have been different standards in grocery shops – some have excellent safety measures in place while others don’t. Likewise some shops had these measures in place without delay while others took considerably longer. I think shops which are currently closed should learn from this & have excellent safety measures in place ready for reopening.”
“I do find it strange and uncomfortable even doing the grocery shopping at the moment. But I hate online shopping for clothes and shoes as I like to try them on. Also I hate when you order something and it doesn’t fit etc then you have to go to the bother of sending it back.”
“I can’t wait!! The only thing I’m not looking forward to is the queuing”
Reflections for Retailers
- Communicate how you are putting safety measures in place through all your channels to reassure shoppers.
- Some shoppers will want to get in and get out quickly, how can staff help them get through their list quickly?
- Can your store offer returns by post for items bought in store in case you cannot facilitate trying on or people are hesitant to make a return visit?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.