Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about holidaying abroad in 2021. It turns out that the majority of parents are planning staycations. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Winter Staycations
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
Do you plan to holiday abroad this year?
- No, we are planning on staycationing 59%
- We are planning to but it would depend on vaccine/safe travel 24%
- We might but won’t think about it until later in the year 14%
- We have rescheduled our holiday from 2020 3%
Any other thoughts on holidaying abroad this year?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Too scared to travel yet.”
“Until the virus is on the decline and we have received the vaccine it isn’t an option.”
“Not worth the risk.”
“I feel it’s just not safe enough.”
“I would need the vaccine in order to travel.”
“Travelling abroad is still too risky for me in 2021.”
“We wouldn’t mind having another staycation but it would be nice to be sure of good weather when we do take a break which means travel abroad so it will depend on how things pan out over the next 3 months really.”
“We’re not planning on going abroad until 2022 at the earliest.”
Reflections for Tourism Sector
- Get your best family offers out early this year to attract families to book with you.
- Make sure you give up-to-date information about vaccine rates and COVID-specific safety measures in the destination you are selling to help reassure parents
- What extra services could you offer to attract families to your hotel/rental property this year? For instance, could you team up with a local attraction to offer tickets and experiences?
- For those companies targeting the family sector who are thinking of taking a holiday abroad, clarity is key. Give parents as much information as possible to enable them to book with confidence.
- For the Irish tourism sector, as you can’t guarantee the weather, what can you do to reassure parents that there are plenty of indoor options or fun outdoor options available for duller days?
- Flexibility is a must in these uncertain times, make it easy to change or rearrange travel plans if parents need to.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.