Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what how what, if any home improvements parents have done in the last 12 months and if they plan to make any improvements in the near future. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what parents are saying about home renovation.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Pensions
We asked our Insights panel of parents to tell us if they’ve make any home improvements in the last year and gave them a list of options to choose from. Here’s how they answered:
- Purchased new garden furniture
- Had a shed built
- Replaced curtains and some furniture
- Fitted a new staircase
On the topic of upcoming home improvements that parents plan to make over the coming 12 months, comments from our panel members included:
“I’d like to spend the next 12 months doing something more meaningful like reorganising the attic at home like making it look better.”
“We are currently saving to do more home improvements. We’ve saved so much not being able to go out and do things the past year.”
“I will be painting the interior myself and hopefully getting someone in to paint the exterior. The hall and stairs carpets needs to be replaced and new lino purchased for the kitchen.”
“We will be redecorating our dining room and changing it into a multipurpose room for all the family.”
“We plan to install solar panels to save money on our bills and be a bit greener.”
“I will get my husband to finally make two new gates and railings for the front of the house.”
“I’m planning on knocking the partition between two bedrooms down, making it into one big room”
“I hope to decorate more rooms and replace some other furniture and items in the house.”
Actionable Insights for Home Improvement Stores:
- Lots of the parents we asked said that they plan to repaint the interior walls of their homes themselves. Providing material to guide with this process along with the purchase of any home painting tools could help to build brand loyalty.
- Ahead of redecoration, many parents like to make plans for how each room will look using tools like Pinterest. Are you engaging with your core audience through social media? Can you provide inspirational content that could help boost sales?
- Is there a way you can appeal to parents who have made savings over the last year because of the pandemic? Bundling offers on tools to decorate different areas of the home could attract families eager to upgrade their living spaces.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.