Bite-Sized Insights: Home Spending Plans
Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what they plan to spend on for their home this year. It turns out that decorating is a top priority for them. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else parents told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: What Parents Told Us About Home Retail
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
What do you plan to spend on in your home in the next few months? (select all that apply)
- Paint/ wallpaper (to do yourself) 47%
- Furniture 35%
- Home improvements / renovations (getting workers in) 31%
- Home accessories 26%
- Soft furnishings 25%
- Appliances 17%
- Bath / Bed linen 17%
- Lighting 14%
- No plans to spend 14%
- Other 7%
- Smart home tech 4%
Any further thoughts on what you may spend on your home this year?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Garden improvements if budget allows, i.e. exterior paint, compost and ideally a polytunnel so I can grow more fruit and veggies..”
“Our garden has been very important for the last year so would love to make it more homely.”
“Hoping to declutter, paint a few rooms and we need a few small jobs done e.g. ceiling plastered.”
“Nothing really on my home. Maybe some new patio pots and garden furniture – I’ll see what they look like when the weather gets better and I take them out of the garage.”
“Only plans are to look at getting a new sofa.”
“I am continuing to buy nice things for the home as we are spending so much time at home since COVID.”
“I need to paint the external walls which have started to peel and look unsightly. I will get workers in to repair slight structural damage but will do the painting myself.”
Reflections for Home Retailers
- Parents plan to continue refreshing their homes this year with new decor, furniture, accessories so creating content with ideas for them is a good way to be helpful and build trust.
- Furniture continues to be a strong planned spend, so highlighting child-friendly features like no-stain or washable covers, wipe-down surfaces etc is going to make those products more attractive to parents.
- Over half the parents who answered our quick survey said they plan to buy paint and wallpaper. Look at how you can create photo carousels and collages for your website and social media channels to show them ideas as they make their redecorating plans.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.