Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts on what is important to them when it comes to household cleaning and laundry products. It turns out that most prefer to buy brands they already know and that bleach is top of the list of cleaning and laundry products we trust. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
What is the most important thing when it comes to buying house cleaning and laundry products?
- It’s a brand I already know 33%
- It’s environmentally friendly 24%
- Other – It is effective and smells good 23%
- It’s on offer 17 %
- It’s been recommended by a friend or family member 3%
- It’s been recommended/endorsed by a celebrity/influencer 0%
What cleaning products can you not live without and why?
Comments from our panel members included:
“Bleach because it cleans everything and smells fresh.”
“I love my bottle of bleach. I use it for cleaning sinks, toilets, I add some to the bucket when washing floors. I also use it to steep cloths or to bleach clothes back white.”
“It is important that my cleaning products are environmentally friendly so I use biodegradable cleaning wipes (kitchen and bathroom).”
“I like to use Zoflora for disinfecting and I like the aroma and bleach for cleaning .”
“My top choices are Elbow Grease and The Pink Stuff, great products that do so many different things.”
“Bleach for deep cleaning and clean smell. Wipes for clean spills and messes. Fairy washing up liquid is the one I find most effective – small squirt and full wash done.”
“I use Method because the products smell nice and are a better option for the environment and my family’s health.”
“My Eco Egg, I no longer have big boxes of powder and so many uses to be had with it.”
“Bleach, cleans everything and the smell says fresh.”
“For me you can’t beat bread soda, vinegar and washing soda. I use them for most cleaning needs.”
“Fairy for both clothes and dishes and Dettol for disinfecting. Would love if Fairy could maybe bring out a scented version though.”
“I would be lost without the steamer as it is great for cleaning the floors and can also be used to clean the kitchen, but I do also use Dettol Clean And Fresh multipurpose spray to clean with too, but the steamer is more environmental friendly.”
“Vinegar and bicarbonate of soda works on lots of things and is cheaper than ready made options. Dettol too, I love love love the smell…makes me think the place is clean even if it’s not 🙂 Fairy washing up liquid for dishes.”
Reflections for Cleaning and Laundry Brands and Retailers
- Parents tend to go with brands they know. If a new brand is entering the market, what can you do to ensure parents try it out?
- Parents want their cleaning and laundry products to do what they say and be effective, recommendations from other parents will help reassure consumers. Although our parent audience are not swayed by celebrity endorsement when it comes to their decision making on cleaning and laundry products to purchase.
- Parents like a bargain, what offers can you apply to your cleaning and laundry products to attract them to purchase?
- Content on cleaning is always popular with parents. Can you share tips and tricks to showcase your product range?
- Bundling products together for parents to get their cleaning and laundry products in one purchase is convenient.
- Parents tell us they are making more of a move towards eco living, if your packaging is made from recycled plastic and recyclable or refillable, this can be a way of differentiating you from competitors. Make sure you communicate these eco options well.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.