Each week we ask our Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in learning more about how their food shopping habits have changed during lockdown. While the most surprising answer was loyalty to brands, there were also some indications of significant changes. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else parents told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Lockdown life has meant a big change to the way people shop for food. First there was the stockpiling, then the shortages, then the increase in home cooking, so we wondered what was the biggest change to food shopping habits.
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer this quick question:
What’s the biggest change to your food shopping habits during lockdown?
- Bought more baking stuff 28%
- Stuck to our shopping list, less impulse buying 28%
- Only shopping in one place/one big shop a week 21%
- Bought more snack stuff 14%
- Made a meal plan each week for shopping list 5%
- Other 2%
- Bought more own brand goods 0%
Some additional comments from our panel members included:
“I only go out once a week to do one big shop instead of doing a shop then topping up with extras several days a week.”
“Buying & eating less fruit, which we would normally have had for lunch at school or work.”
Reflections for Brands and Businesses
- There’s definitely an opportunity for baking brands during this time, but also how can brands help people with making shopping lists and meal plans?
- Is this an opportunity for brands to be creative in how they reward loyalty of customers?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.