Each week we ask our Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in learning more about how they buy shampoo. It turns out Mums are very faithful to their shampoo! Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else parents told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Shampoo is a not only a regular household purchase, but often something women splurge on. After all, hair matters to women! We were curious to see what type of buying behaviour Mums had for this essential purchase.
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer this quick question:
- I sometimes switch shampoo but mostly stick to the same one 63%
- I use the same brand and type faithfully 24%
- I try whatever is on offer when I go shopping 20%
- It’s a bar 0%
Some additional comments from our panel members included:
“I usually get what is recommended by my hair stylist what works best for my hair. So it has changed occasionally over the years, depending on my hair condition. Did try the bar but it didn’t really clean my hair at all, hard to blowdry afterwards, so that went out the window.”
“Usually stick to the same brand, Pantene. However was introduced by my hairdresser to WOW and it’s great but fairly pricey so only buy it now and again. I do buy different shampoo for the kids.”
“I usually get mine from the hairdresser. I get the twelve week blow dry and shampoo and conditioner is included in the price. I buy the Aldi no tears shampoo for the kids and then Head and Shoulders for the hubby. We don’t seem to change.”
Reflections for Hair Brands
- Is there an opportunity to bundle different shampoos for different family members for sale together?
- How can you encourage hairdressers to recommend your product to their clients?
- 20% of parents buy what’s on offer, so that’s an opportunity for brands to look at loyalty schemes in hairdressers, discounts in stockists/supermarkets, online offers, etc.
- Is there any opportunity to move online and encourage monthly subscriptions to receive shampoo & conditioner by post?
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.