Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of parents a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what their thoughts are about Shopping Early for Christmas. It turns out parents have already made a big start on their shopping for the festive season. Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
Recommended reading: 5 Key Insights From Parents About Food Promotions
We asked our Insights panel of parents to answer these quick questions:
- Toys 73%
- Gifts 58%
- Wrapping/decorations 19%
- Non perishable food 17%
- Alcohol/mixers 11%
- Other 8%
Comments from our panel members included:
“It’s gonna be a tough one but I think we will all make an effort to make it extra special and be in touch with more family.”
“I plan to buy almost all that I usually buy for Christmas, both in gifts and foods. It’s the only way to make the season seem somewhat more like it would be normally and a chance to celebrate the important things in life like family & health.”
“Trying to get ahead in case deliveries are delayed nearer the time. I’m trying to support Irish and local where possible.”
“Am keeping an eye out for special offers/money off, so usually buy when I see the price going down on items I will need.”
“We’re looking forward to simplifying Christmas this year. We buy extra for our younger two children most years and put the excess away until their February birthdays.”
“I am buying gift cards from local businesses to give. Gift cards are a great idea this year as many can be used online as well.”
“I think I’m being more mindful of what I’m buying as I’m not in the shops browsing and buying anything unnecessarily. Better for me however not for the shops.”
“I have the main toys already to make sure that whatever else happens Santa will be visiting our house this year!”
“I want to get presents bought ASAP, as we don’t know what way the country will be in the coming weeks or if we will be sick or isolating ourselves.”
“Keeping it simple. It’s a time to re-evaluate Christmas and stop getting caught up in the presents side of it!”
“Have most of Santa stuff got.. first time ever this organized so early…”
Reflections for the Retail Sector
- As people won’t be picking up extras instore while browsing this year, what can you offer on your online experience to encourage more extras to be added to the basket?
- There’s definitely a feeling of people wanting to make Christmas extra special for the kids this year. What are you doing to support that feeling in your marketing and communications?
- Communicate clearly on delivery times, people are nervous about getting their orders in time, so if you can deliver quickly, let them know. Consider offering additional delivery options, if you don’t already, so those who want to pay for faster delivery can do so.
- Also consider offering helpful extras such as gift wrapping or a blank gift tag helping your consumers in the run up to Christmas.
- Gift Cards are going to be popular this year, enabling the recipient to choose their gift, so be sure to have a gift card option on your website if you can.
- People want to support local and Irish this year, if you have a customer list either on email or phone, communicate with them and remind them you are there!
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Talk to our panels of engaged mums and dads, using our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence and activate them. Contact us now to find how we can help.