This month’s insights are all about the topic of word of mouth marketing. We asked women to tell us what they thought, what influences them when it comes to recommendations, and how recommendations help drive their behaviour. Read on to find out more about Insights into What Women Think of Word of Mouth Marketing and to download our free report.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from women and insights into their views on how word of mouth influences them.
To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Word of Mouth Survey Stats*
* Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in March 2020 with 600 responses
- 58% would be strongly likely to recommend a product or service they like to friends & family
- 50% would tell between 3 and 5 people about a product or service they liked
- 80% say they would share a recommendation by text/messenger or social media
- 70% said they had recommended a product in the last week
- 44% say they review products or services online
- 42% say they are influenced by online reviews of products or services
Online Focus Group Insights*
* Online Focus Group carried out on MyInsightsOnTime private platform in March 2020 with 30 panel participants.
Here are some of the key insights and feedback:
“It’s always helpful to hear from people who have already used or worn a product you would like to buy.”
“Definitely, word of mouth is likely to influence my buying choices as I feel if I know and trust someone and they recommend something, then I’m more likely to buy it as I feel they would be truthful in their recommendations.”
“If people are talking about a certain item, you are more likely to go and buy it yourself.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Make it easy for people to share your products/services sales pages to their social media and Whatsapp/Messenger
- Think about any offers you could make for people who do recommend your product or service to others.
- Is your business tracking whether a new customer bought because they had a recommendation from someone? If this can be tracked, you can start to see referrals.
Download This Month’s Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and insights, download our free Insights report on Women and Word of Mouth. In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like these types of insights for your business? Use our panels of engaged women and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence women to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.