[INSIGHTS REPORT] Parents Trust Other Pet Owners for Family Pet Recommendations
We ran a two week insights project asking parents about family pets. We asked them to answer questions, actively share their opinions and give detailed commentary. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Family Pets and to download our free highlights report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on family pets.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Pets
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com September 2021 with 179 responses from parents in Irish households.
Here are some of key insights to come out of the report:
- The top three reasons that families got a pet in order were “we love animals and wanted a pet”, adopted a stray or rescue and to teach kids responsibility.
- 32% of parent pet owners currently have pet insurance for the family pet.
- Parents mostly buy pet food and treats from the supermarket with their weekly shop.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Family Pets
“I would recommend halters for high energy breeds of dogs. We bought a leather collar for our Jack Russell Terrier Eddie. It was embossed with our contact no. in case he ever goes missing. It is on him at all times during the day. I find the tags can and do get caught in things and fall off. Also dog sitter websites like Pawshake are brilliant, especially if your dog doesn’t always get on with other dogs.”
“Dog training lessons are important for people to understand animal behaviour and how to learn to teach some basics to their dog.”
“I share dog walking/staying with dog with my sister. Both our dogs are never left alone all day. I would use daycare if not becauseI work long shifts.”
Key Opportunities for Pet Product Retailers
- Do you offer an online booking service so pet owners can book your services outside of regular hours?
- If you are a local pet store, look at ways to attract families to buy more food and treats that they traditionally pick up with their weekly supermarket shop.
- Pet insurers need to create compelling marketing messages to attract pet owners to take out their product.
Download Our Free Highlights Report
For a snapshot of insights from parents with highlights of what they were telling us and recommendations, download our free highlights report on Parents and Family Pets.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.