[INSIGHTS REPORT] Great Customer Service is Key to Parents When Choosing a Home Energy Supplier
We ran a 2 week insights project asking parents about home energy. We asked them to answer questions, actively share their opinions and give detailed commentary around home energy. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Home Energy and to download our free highlights report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on home energy.
Key Insights from Parents on Home Energy
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com August 2021 with 292 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform, also in August 2021 with 37 panel participants.
Here are some of key insights to come out of the report:
- The top 3 reasons (in order) why parents chose their current home energy suppliers are value for money, payment plan options, and range of extra services.
- A third of parents have switched home energy suppliers in the last 12 months.
- 37% of parents use the gas mains network to heat their homes.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Home Energy
“I’ve stuck with Electric Ireland since I moved out of my home house because they look after me and give me discounts to match what’s on offer from other suppliers.”
“I’m with Bord Gáis Energy. They are helpful and offer friendly customer service. Good rates / price. Easy to use app.”
“I was with SSE Airtricity for 4 years, but last year decided to change my provider to save money. I got a better price and some discounts and credits, but my payment terms are not what I want. I have contacted customer service to try and change my conditions, but still, nothing has been changed. I will wait for the end of this contract and probably will go back to SSE Airtricity.”
Key Recommendations for Home Energy Providers
- What content are you providing potential new customers at point of decision? Parents told us that being able to see what a typical household bill could be for them was important for helping them to decide.
- Is there any tech or advice you could provide your customers for them to more accurately track their energy usage?
- What added value options are you giving to families to attract that segment to you?
Download Our Free Highlights Report
For a snapshot of insights from parents with highlights of what they were telling us and recommendations, download our free highlights report on Parents and Home Energy.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.