We ran a two week insights project asking parents about clothing. We asked them to answer questions, actively share their opinions and give detailed commentary around buying clothes for themselves and their children. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Buying Clothes and to download our free highlights report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on buying clothes.
Key Insights from Parents on Buying Clothes
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in July 2021 with 641 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform, also in July 2021 with 38 panel participants.
Here are some of key insights to come out of the report:
- 48% of parents cited quality as the most important factor them when buying clothes, beating wearability/fit (43%), price (37%) and washability (29%).
- Parents find the process of returning items a hassle and are less likely to buy clothes online if there is no free returns option.
- When it comes to inspiration, 41% of parents find ideas for buying new clothes online on websites for brands and stores.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Buying Clothes
“Online they could tell you the sizes that are available, it’s so time consuming clicking into items and finding that they are not in stock.”
“I would appreciate universal sizing charts, some retailers in Ireland do not use the age bracket sizing or the centimetre bands vary between shops.”
“It’s much harder to find children’s clothes once they are aged above 11 and even then my teen girls find the clothes very childish and not stylish. Teens like to see outfits put together, the full idea like bags, shoes etc.”
Key Recommendations for Clothing Brands
- Don’t assume parents only buy for themselves and their child. Partners and their own parents were mentioned so can you offer discounts across multiple category purchases?
- Most parents research online so ensure your SEO is up to date and your product information is fully filled out to optimise the chances of them finding your products online.
- Reviews matter to parents particularly when it comes to buying for children so add review options if you don’t already have them.
Download Our Free Highlights Report
For a snapshot of insights from parents with highlights of what they were telling us and recommendations, download our free highlights report on Buying Clothes.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.