We asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what is important to them when it comes to buying family cars. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Family Cars and to download our free report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on family cars. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Cars
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in March 2021 with 185 responses from parents and an indepth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in March 2021 with 22 panel participants.
62% of parents say they make the family car purchasing decision together.
These are some key insights:
- Safety followed by cost are the 2 most important factors that influence the car purchasing decision for parents.
- Parents want more clear information on car dealer financing including lease plan options to help them understand those options better.
- Parents say there are key features they look for in a family car such as large boot, comfortable space for everyone and easy to clean upholstery.
39% of parents say they change their car every 3 to 4 years.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents
“My ideal family car would have a roomy interior, spacious rear seats with sufficient shoulder, head and leg room to seat 3 comfortably. Good Safety features. Well finished interior. Large boot space. Air-conditioning. Handle well. Good fuel economy. USB inputs & bluetooth capability. Low tax & insurance.”
“I have a Renault Grand Scenic. I love it as it has 3 individual seats in the back so can fit 3 car seats. We have a huge boot with the added option to pop up 2 more seats. There are tray tables for the kids so for long drives they can eat snacks easily. It’s a great comfortable drive, isn’t too big that I feel like I’m driving a bus and as we’re higher up off the road I feel we are safer in it. There are lots of great storage compartments and built in features like bluetooth for calls and music. We actually had and old 5 seat model and upgraded to the newer model when the time came as we loved the general model and versatility of the car so much.”
“I wasn’t aware the non commercial users could lease a car. I would like to see a breakdown of benefits as opposed to car finance and the impact it would have on insurance policies etc.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Safety is a key concern for parents when choosing a family car. How can you communicate your safety features well?
- Parents are interested in finding out more about dealer finance and lease plan options. Do you share this content on all your channels to attract interest from potential buyers?
- How are you incentivising cash buyers to choose you over another dealership?
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on Family Cars.
In the report you’ll get key stats, insights and recommendations to use for your brand.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.