[INSIGHTS REPORT] Are Irish Family Attractions Too Expensive for Parents?
We ran a three week insights project asking parents about their plans for upcoming family days out as attractions begin to re-open after lockdown. We asked them to answer questions, actively share their opinions and give detailed commentary around family days out. Families are keen to get out and about to spend quality time having fun together away from screens. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Family Days Out and to download our free highlights report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on shopping and retail as places start to open up again after lockdown. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Days Out
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in June 2021 with 410 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in June 2021 with 29 panel participants.
We asked parents to tell us where was their favourite place for a family day out in Ireland. Here are the Top 20:
1. Dublin Zoo
2. Fota Wildlife Park
3. Tayto Park
4. Westport House
5. Leahys Open Farm
6. Bunratty Castle
7. Clara Lara
8. Clonfert Pet Farm
9. Coole Park
10. Hook Lighthouse
11. Malahide Castle
12. Phoenix Park
13. Powerscourt Estate
14. Irish National Stud
17. Castlecomer Discovery Park
18. Fota House and Gardens
19. Johnstown Castle
Here are some of other key insights to come out of the report:
- 35% of parents said they like to pack a picnic for their family to bring on days out.
- Nearly half of parents told us they’re looking for days out options that get their families away from screens.
- 57% of parents said that between €25 and €50 is the most they would expect to pay for a family of 4 to visit a single attraction.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Family Days Out
“I would pay up to €150 for an attraction close to home. It would have to be somewhere we might visit on multiple occasions to make it worthwhile.”
“I think Irish family attractions/sites could really do with investing in covered picnic areas. I don’t mind throwing on wet gear for a walk. Would love a covered eating area. Also, regularly maintained public toilets.”
“Age appropriate activities are important and time waiting in queues factors into decisions. A good food selection would also be a factor to take into account on deciding where to go.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- What content can you create for your website and social media that gives parents ideas & tips for when they visit your venue with kids?
- Almost half of parents surveyed say proximity to home is important. How are you targeting those families that live close by?
- Picnic options are going to be popular. From space for families to sit at to pre-booked picnic food options, these could help bring new visiting families.
Download Our Free Highlights Report
For a snapshot of insights from parents with highlights of what they were telling us and recommendations, download our free highlights report on Family Days Out.
Family Days Out Insights Report Request Form
Buy the Full Insights Report on Family Days Out
Would you like access to our complete Family Days Out report? With 46 pages of comprehensive feedback, stats and insights from parents, find out
- if parents mentioned your attraction and what they said about it
- what they say about other attractions in Ireland
- what their favourite attraction in Ireland is
- how often they plan to take the kids on days out this summer
- what they would typically spend on a day out
- their views on buying annual passes and how much they would consider paying
- what they would pay for a single family visit ticket
- what kinds of days out they enjoy
- how they plan family days out and where they look for information
- what refreshments they prefer on a day out
- what factors are important when choosing somewhere for a day out
- overall thoughts on planning and enjoying family days out.
This report is available to purchase for a special summer rate of €200 until 31st August 2021. Contact us to arrange to buy the complete report.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.