On the topic of entertainment in the home we asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what they typically watch as a family and how it has changed this year. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Family Entertainment and to download our free report.
Would you like tailored insights for your brand? Use our trusted panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help
ATTENTION: This report is over a year old, why not check out our latest insights report from parents on family entertainment? You can find it here.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on what programmes and channels and entertainment content they watch as a family. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Entertainment
Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in September 2020 with 220 parents and an Online Focus Group carried out on MyInsightsOnTime private platform in September 2020 with 25 panel participants.
- 79% of parents set limits on their child’s screen time
- Netflix, YouTube and Disney+ were the top channels that parents said their children watch
- 69% of parents worry about what their child has access to on screens
- Family movie nights continue to be a popular pastime with parents and kids.
Feedback from Parents
“We initially were watching a lot of TV due to lockdown however we are now scheduling a kids’ movie every second day.”
“I generally watch programmes with my youngest, the older ones make a lot of their own decisions but we discuss content. I have the pin code on Netflix and they have individual accounts.”
“I think watching TV together as a family is great for bonding time. I think kids learn a lot, new words, phrases and I think overall TV can be educational and beneficial as long as they don’t watch it nonstop!”
Key Recommendations for Entertainment Brands
- Publish age suitability and other guidelines to help parents decide whether your content is suitable for their child.
- Create content and use your social channels to help parents choose suitable movies and shows to watch with their children.
- There is an appetite for merchandise especially if it is wearable or useful e.g. pyjamas, stationery, lunch boxes etc.
- Parents say that family movie nights continue to be a big part of family life, and competitions are always popular. Why not run a give away for a family to win the ultimate family movie night prize (treats, merchandise, equipment, free access to your streaming service or movie for a period of time etc.)?
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on parents and family entertainment.
In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Talk to our panels of engaged mums and dads, using our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence and activate them. Contact us now to find how we can help.