On the topic of family health we asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what they is important to them, how they approach keeping the family healthy and their views on health insurance. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Family Health and to download our free report.
Would you like tailored insights for your brand? Use our trusted panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on family health. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Health
Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in October 2020 with 332 responses from parents and an Online Focus Group carried out on MyInsightsOnTime private platform in October 2020 with 18 panel participants.
- 50% of parents visit a pharmacy to get advice
- 17% of parents have used video doctor consultations
- Four things parents would like health insurers to cover are:
1. Dental cover
2. Mental health supports
3. Children’s plans
4. Gym and exercise discounts
Feedback from Parents
Local vs Larger Chain Pharmacies
“I will visit a larger chain if I have ordered a product to be delivered to store. I like that they have a loyalty scheme. The shop is usually a bit larger so there is more space for browsing (even pre-COVID, I hated being in a small squashed shop) usually larger so there is more space for browsing.”
“I stick with my local pharmacy for my prescriptions as next door to GP and if just need to pop in for something or advice, use the big chain for more choices of makeup products and deals, also at Christmas as greater range of gifts.”
Keeping Fit & Healthy
“We go for daily walks and use the outdoors a lot. I don’t like the kids to be cooped up for too long it’s not good for their mental health.”
“We take multi vitamins and cod liver oil. We also take extra vitamin D supplements. We’re active and outdoors as much as possible.”
Family Health Insurance
“I’m very happy with policy we have, it gives us everything we need. I’d like it if I had better access to the private hospitals I’m covered for but because I live outside of Dublin that’s my own issue.”
“I am neither happy nor unhappy – private health cover is very expensive, luckily nobody has ever been sick or needed to use it, difficult to afford in these times and we have a difficult decision to make to let it go or not.”
“This year more than ever, the health of my family us a huge concern. We are making extra efforts to stay well and healthy in mind and body.”
“Family health is so important but it can be hard to gather the right information on what to look out for, there is information scattered everywhere. It would be great to get it rolled up into one book or website.”
Key Recommendations for Health Brands
- Parents trust advice from pharmacists, be sure to let your customers know that you have expert pharmacists on hand to give them advice.
- Offers on products will draw in customers. Work with your suppliers to give your customers deals that will keep them coming back.
For Vitamin and Health Brands
- Parents will look to supplement the family diet with extra vitamins and minerals especially during school and creche term time. Offer deals and ramp up marketing during the school year whether working with pharmacies or selling direct.
- Parents will consider buying food and drink products that offer those extra vitamin and mineral boosts so make sure you are communicating where those boosted products can be bought.
- When a family comes to you looking for health insurance, offer them the best deal you can. As time passes and you see where their needs are, liaise with them to be sure you are always giving them the best product and service for their needs.
- Are your children’s policies attractive to potential new customers?
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free Insights report on Parents and Family Health.
In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Talk to our panels of engaged mums and dads, using our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence and activate them. Contact us now to find how we can help.