[INSIGHTS REPORT] Most Parents Book Their Family Holiday Online Themselves
We asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what is important to them when it comes to planning family holidays . Now that lockdown restrictions are finally starting to lift, we discovered that 68% of parents are planning to take a family holiday some time in 2021. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Family Holidays and to download our free report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on family holidays. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Holidays
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in April 2021 with 223 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in April 2021 with 29 panel participants.
68% of parents say that they are planning to take a family holiday in 2021.
These are some key insights:
- Ireland is the number one destination for family holidays among our parents this year, mainly due to the pandemic.
- Best value deals, child friendly staff, and price and amenities came out on top for parents as the most important factors when booking a family hotel stay.
- Two thirds of our respondents said that they book their family holidays online themselves.
60% of parents say that they will definitely hire a car for their next family holiday.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents
“Child friendly staff is so important, for this reason I normally go on recommendations from other people and their experiences.”
“We like active holidays where there is something for all ages to enjoy. I research places before I go to see what is on offer local to the accommodation we book.”
“We will holiday in Ireland this year because of the pandemic but it is so expensive to use hotels or even to rent self-catering accommodation and it really puts us off holidaying here usually.”
“When the children are young I think holidays need to be tailored around their needs otherwise it’s not a holiday for anyone. It is perfect when there is lots for them to do and a kids’ club so we get some time off too.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Parents trust online reviews and recommendations. Have you included real testimonials on your online channels to help parents?
- Have you made your cancellation policy clear? Some parents are holding off booking because they are nervous of having to cancel.
- Families are not always 2+2. What can you offer smaller or larger or extended families to attract them?
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on Family Holidays.
In the report you’ll get key stats, insights and recommendations to use for your brand.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.