This month’s insights are all about the topic of Family Insurance. We asked parents to tell us how they felt about insurance in Ireland. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Family Insurance and to download our free report.
Would you like tailored insights for your brand? Use our trusted panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on buying different types of insurance for their family. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Insurance
Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in July 2020 with 288 responses and an Online Focus Group carried out on ParentsandBrands private platform in July 2020 with 25 panel participants.
- 22% of parents have no life insurance
- 53% say insurance is necessary and that they feel better with it
- 63% said they are likely to seek health cover for the whole family in the next 12 months
- 42% say they won’t be buying travel insurance as they don’t think they will be travelling in the next 12 months
- 31% say that during the COVID-19 pandemic they have received no contact from any of their insurers
Feedback from Parents
“Be great if you didn’t have to ring around to check that you are getting best deal. That your loyalty be price matched to cheapest comparable quote out there.”
“I feel better knowing I have it but I hate paying it as I don’t get any tangible benefits.
“I wonder sometimes about all I’ve paid out on insurance but I still feel safer with it.”
Key Recommendations for Insurance Brands
- While insurance is necessary, people don’t want to feel ripped off, always offer the best quote you can first time around. Don’t wait for your customers to call and then offer them a slightly better price or price match a competitor.
- Consider offering Life Insurance as an add on when selling traditional insurance products.
- Can you offer more combination discounts than just car+home to give a whole approach to family insurance?
Download This Month’s Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download this month’s free Insights report on Parents and Family Insurance.
In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Talk to our panels of engaged mums and dads, using our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence and activate them. Contact us now to find how we can help.