We asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what is important to them when it comes to buying and getting advice on family medicine, health supplements and vitamin products, who influences them, what they buy and where they buy products. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Family Medicine and to download our free report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on family medicine, health and vitamin supplements. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Family Medicine
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in March 2021 with 175 responses from parents and an indepth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in March 2021 with 16 panel participants.
91% of parents say they mainly purchase pain medication in the pharmacy but when it comes to supplements and vitamins 63% prefer to purchase from a pharmacy.
These are some key insights:
- Immune support and brain function were the most important benefits for parents when considering supplements and vitamins.
- Parents rated Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Iron as the most important nutrients for their child to receive from vitamins or supplements
- Parents said that recommendations from a doctor most influence purchasing decisions on over the counter family medicine and supplements.
Only 4% of parents say they don’t see the need for using vitamins and supplements to enhance their child’s diet.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents
“I purchase most of my medicines in a pharmacy but if in a large supermarket I might purchase Lemsip or paracetamol while doing my large shop. This would just be to stock up at home.”
“I prefer to support our local pharmacy so generally pick up the few bits there. I also like that you can get advice from the pharmacist.”
“I’m not sure if this exists, but I think it would be a great offering if a family could sign up to a yearly/monthly subscription service that is tailored to their requirements. Something that might take a little while to set up, as in, the first time you register you would input all details of family members (age, weight, specific requirements/conditions) and then update as any changes occur or requirements change. A tailor made package is then offered to the family to take into account the ages of the children and adults as they age. For the business supplying the service, they get the family spend on supplements all in one go, and can ship in one package (monthly/bi-monthly etc) and are guaranteed the business. For the family, they don’t need to remember to buy or order online the items they need. And new products can be suggested.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Parents like to shop locally and they buy regularly from their local pharmacy. Are your over the counter medicines well stocked in local pharmacies?
- Parents will pick up family medicine products with their weekly shop. Consider where you list your products to meet the demand there.
- Could you offer a subscription service tailored to a family’s needs? Less expensive for the family and guaranteed recurring income for you.
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on Parents and Family Medicine.
In the report you’ll get key stats, insights and recommendations to use for your brand.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.