We asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on what is important to them when it comes to home and garden purchases. It’s going to be a summer of growing for parents, as 66% of the participants we asked said that seeds and plants will be their next purchase for the garden. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Home and Garden and to download our free report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on home and garden purchases. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Home and Garden
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in May 2021 with 184 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in May 2021 with 26 panel participants.
47% of parents plan on buying paint or wallpaper in the next few months.
These are some key insights:
- When buying items for the home interior, parents said that price/value, quality and colour/design/style are the three most important factors to them.
- 42% of parents are planning to buy garden furniture over the coming months.
- Parents prefer to see things in store but when ordering online they say a good returns service is essential in case colour or size wrong.
27% of parents use a brand app to order items for their home and garden while 38% use smart devices such as Alexa.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Home and Garden
“I’m hoping to declutter and paint a few rooms in my home. And I need a few small jobs done e.g. ceiling plastered so will be getting the professionals in for that.”
“If I’m buying furniture I would want to see it in person. However, if I’m looking for paint ideas or curtains etc I like to see online instead of books so you can have videos and see what curtains look like hanging up.”
“I’m going to create a fairy garden for the children and a ball run using gutter piping. I’ll also be buying new garden furniture.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Ask customers to share photos of items they have bought from your store to your website or social media channels once they have placed them in their home or garden to create buzz and showcase your products.
- Structure offers and discounts around rooms as parents tend to do up one room at a time. Can you offer a bundle of items to make that super easy?
- Many parents are using Pinterest now to get ideas for their home and garden so having a presence on this channel could be a good opportunity for your brand.
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on Home and Garden.
In the report you’ll get key stats, insights and recommendations to use for your brand.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.