We asked parents to tell us their views and to give us feedback on shopping and retail as things open back up after lockdown. It turns out that lockdown was a time for introspection, as 50% of the participants we asked said that they plan to spend more thoughtfully in the future. Read on to find out more Insights into Parents and Shopping and Retail and to download our free report.
Would you like business-transforming insights for your brand? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help.
This month’s Insights Report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on shopping and retail as places start to open up again after lockdown. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Shopping and Retail
To gather these insights we ran an online survey on Mykidstime.com in April and May 2021 with 224 responses from parents and an in-depth insights panel carried out on our ParentsandBrands private platform in May 2021 with 31 panel participants.
Here are some of the key insights to come out of the report:
- On shopping post-Covid, 71% of parents said that they will pay mostly by card.
- 57% of parents said that they would prefer more click and collect options from stores.
- 82% of parents expect masks to be worn by everyone in stores.
A Selection of the Feedback from Parents on Shopping and Retail after Covid
“I have not gone out to the shops just yet as I’m waiting for things to kind of die down a bit. I’m still extremely nervous being in public as I know there are some people who have no regard for others and don’t mind walking right beside you or not wear a mask as we should be doing.”
“I am looking forward to going in store shopping but can honestly say that I have got somewhat used to online shopping and will continue with it too.”
“Queuing will be a deterrent for me especially if I have kids with me, I think I will need to avoid the peak times. I wish shopping by appointment would stay, even 1 day a week.”
Key Recommendations for Brands
- Online will continue to be a strong channel, Irish companies need to ensure their online presence is the best it can be.
- Some parents are nervous about getting back to shops, you need to ensure safety guidelines are strictly adhered to to keep them shopping at your retail outlet.
- As parents’ values have changed and they look to spend more thoughtfully, is your communication aligned to this shift?
Download Our Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download our free insights report on Shopping and Retail.
In the report you’ll get key stats, insights and recommendations to use for your brand.
Would you like business-transforming insights from parents for your business? Use our tailored panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence consumers to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.