[INSIGHTS REPORT] What Parents Told Us About Buying Behaviour
This month’s insights are all about the topic of buying behaviour. We asked women to tell us what influences them buying, what drives their behaviour and what they would like from companies. Read on to find out more about Insights into Women and Buying Behaviour and to download our free report.
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from women and insights into their views on buying behaviour. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Buying Behaviour Survey Stats*
* Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in February 2020 with 500 responses
- 80% check reviews online before buying something
- 44% say they are somewhat impulsive when it comes to buying something
- 51% would recommend a product that you’ve bought and liked to family and friends
- 63% are likely/very likely to act on a product recommendation from family and friends
- Top factor that influences women when buying a new product never bought before: Hearing a recommendation from family or friends
“Discounts on brands I like is the biggest influence.”
“If it’s a high value purchase I will do as much research online as I can to check to see if I am getting the right product.”
“Knowing a brand already and trusting it encourages me to stick with a particular brand.”
Online Focus Group Insights*
* Online Focus Group carried out on MyInsightsOnTime private platform in February 2020 with 30 panel participants.
Here are some of the key insights and feedback:
“I definitely trust friends or family recommendations rather than ‘influencers’. I trust that they are genuine in their review of the item.”
“I tend to recommend when it comes up in conversation that a friend is looking for something.”
“I love people recommending products to me and it can cut out wasting time and money trying them out for myself.”
Key Recommendations for Brands and Businesses
- Remember women buy for others as well as for themselves so think how you can help them when choosing for others.
- Don’t underestimate the power of customer reviews online – be clever and ask customers to review your product or service after they have purchased from you.
- Be sure to engage with customers and potential customers who offer feedback, good or bad. Thank them for their review. Answer any negative feedback as other people will be influenced by what they read.
- Show buyers other products or services they may like based on what they are currently buying or viewing, people often make impulse purchases.
Download This Month’s Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download this month’s free Insights report on Women and Buying Behaviour.
In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like these types of insights for your business? Use our panels of engaged women and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence women to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.